We are procrastinating on one or another thing in life.
– On that project that is important to us.
– On that decision that will get us closer to our dream.
– On writing that email that might help us land our dream job.
Yet we don’t have faith in ourselves to do it.
Do we do that because we are incapable of doing it? No, rather because we are afraid of the outcomes or consequences of our decision or action is taken.
- Afraid of doing it wrong.
- Afraid of criticism of people.
- Afraid of not being able to do it fully.
This analysis paralysis causes Procrastination.
The task for you to do it isn’t to do the task you’re procrastinating on.
The task for you is to handle this fear causing inaction. Which, instead, will be done by doing what you’re procrastinating.
You need to solve the fear of procrastination. Procrastination will be taken care of, as a consequence.
Remember – “Procrastination is the thief of time, collar him.” ― Charles Dickens, David Copperfield
IT Professional | Avid Reader | Aspiring Life Coach | Love to Write